This oh-so-simple cream cheese and caramel apple dip takes just a few minutes to prepare and has only three ingredients.
You can even make this easy recipe with only two ingredients, in a pinch!
The perfect go-to dessert dip. It is a huge hit at fall gatherings and holiday parties. Bring it to a potluck, or serve it for an after-school snack.
It will have your kids devouring apples.
Some of the links on this post are affiliate links. To learn more, visit our Disclosures.
- Medium Bowl
- Hand Mixer
- Measuring cups/spoons
These ingredients are so basic, you might already have them on hand. If not, you will quickly find everything you need with one trip to the grocery store.
I recommend using one package of regular Philadelphia Cream Cheese. It has no gluten ingredients and is creamy and delicious.
Purchase the cream cheese brick, not cream cheese spread. It will be plenty spreadable once it’s beaten with a hand mixer.
Soften the cream cheese before starting the recipe. There are a few easy ways to do this:
- The easiest! Leave it out at room temperature for an hour. I prefer this method. If you are short on time, though, consider the following quicker options.
- Cut the cream cheese into approximately 1″ cubes and leave them out to soften for about 30 minutes.
- Place the cream cheese (foil pouch and all) in a warm (not boiling) water bath in a medium bowl for about 15 minutes.
- Remove the cream cheese from the foil pouch and place it in a microwave-safe container. Microwave it in 10-second intervals (no more than one minute total) until the cream cheese is soft. Keep a close eye on it. Cream cheese can quickly go from perfectly soft to melted and separated.
Hershey’s Caramel Syrup is labeled gluten-free and easy to find at any store. It is very syrupy, which makes it a breeze to blend with the cream cheese and ideal for this easy caramel apple dip recipe.
Trader Joe’s also sells a gluten-free and delicious caramel sauce. It is a little thicker, but the finished product is virtually the same once you combine the cream cheese with rich caramel and vanilla.
Vanilla Extract enhances the sugary sweetness of this creamy caramel dip. I personally include vanilla when making this recipe.
Even so. I consider vanilla extract optional. If you want to save a few seconds, pennies, or are just out of vanilla, your homemade caramel apple dip with cream cheese will be a crowd-pleaser with or without vanilla.
Add cream cheese, caramel syrup, and vanilla to a medium bowl.
That’s it. Three simple ingredients.
Beat ingredients with a mixer at medium speed.
Mix cream cheese, caramel syrup, and vanilla until smooth. Scrape the sides with a spatula as needed. It will only take a few minutes until your ingredients turn into the perfect dip, creamy and fluffy.
Place dip in a small bowl, and serve with sliced apples or other dippers. Enjoy!
Spoon the cream cheese mixture into a small serving bowl. Watch it disappear!
Make-Ahead & Storage
This is the perfect make-ahead dip. Prepare the delicious caramel apple dip 2-3 days ahead of time. Store it in an airtight container in the fridge.
Set the dip out 30 minutes prior to serving, so it can soften for easy dipping!
Fresh apple slices top the list, of course! Any variety. From tart granny smith apples to sweet fuji. Soak the cut apples in a little lemon juice, Sprite, or pineapple juice (my preference) to keep them from browning.
There are so many more great options for gluten-free dippers:
- Pear Slices
- Vanilla Wafer Cookies: Kinnikinnick Vanilla Wafers
- Gingersnaps: The BEST Chewy GF Gingersnaps (recipe)
- Sugar cookies: Sweet Loren’s GF Sugar Cookie Dough is the perfect “homemade” shortcut
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups: look for gluten-free on the label.
- Gluten-Free Oreos
- Banana Chips
- Pretzel Sticks: Snyder’s Gluten-Free Pretzel Sticks for a sweet & salty combo
- Chocolate Mint Cookies: Goodie Girls Mint Slims taste just like Girl Scout’s Thin Mints, but are gluten-free, and a guaranteed crowd favorite. I love them so much, they made the Go Gluten Freely list of the Best Gluten-Free Products.
This delicious dip tastes as if you transformed caramel cheesecake into a dip. Anything that reminds you of cheesecake pairs fabulously with caramel cream cheese dip.
- Gluten-free graham crackers
For crumbly dippers, such as gluten-free graham crackers and vanilla wafers, I recommend serving this caramel apple cheesecake dip with a butter knife. Guests can spread it on the “dippers”, leaving the dip crumb free.
Cream Cheese Caramel Apple Dip Recipe
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese (softened)
- ⅓ cup caramel syrup Hershey's Caramel Syrup is gluten-free
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Add cream cheese, caramel syrup, and vanilla to a medium bowl.
- Beat ingredients with a hand mixer at medium speed until smooth.
- Place dip in a small bowl, and serve with sliced apples or your favorite dippers. Enjoy!